Problems with using 'talk'

Christian J. Callsen chris at iesd.auc.dk
Sun May 12 23:12:19 AEST 1991

I have a problem using the 'talk' program. I am sitting on
iesd.auc.dk, a Sun Sparcstation 1, running SunOS 4.1.1, in Denmark
[Europe].

I want to talk to a person on stat.purdue.edu in Indiana (also running
SunOS). When I try to call, I get connected, and then 'talk' just
sits there, reporting:

[Checking for invitation on caller's machine]

And nothing else happens.

I have experienced that a friend of mine from Norway can talk to me
with no problems, but when I try to talk to him, the above also
happens. What am I doing wrong here?

Does anyone have ideas for how I could get the 'talk' up and running ??

advTHANKSance

Chris J. Callsen
E-mail: chris at iesd.auc.dk