Terminal bashing (Re: POSIX bashing)

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at lindy.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 2 02:10:10 AEST 1991

If anyone in the Northern California area knows of PCs being offed (as was
described by chuck at mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Charles Bridgeland), please email
me.  I am trying to computerize my daughter's school on the cheap (what other
way works?) and am scrounging IBM/PCs for the purpose.  Terminals would be
of interest too, especially if they are VT100 compatible, as I have an old
Onyx (Z8000) machine that could run 7 terminals doing Logo.

(I know this is not the right group for this...in fact, there doesn't seem to
be a group for computers in elementary schools.  You could also send Email if
you know to the contrary or have an interest in FSF-style development of
software for schools.)

Now resuming your normal wizardly ruminations....