detecting a file system mounted via NFS

Surendren Namasivayam suren at aeshq.UUCP
Fri May 31 06:07:51 AEST 1991

If I have a file system mounted on my host from a remote host through NFS, is
there a way that that file system can be detected as being mounted on it?

I want to be able to do this in order to allow checking of these file systems
before shutting down so that they can be properly umounted from the remote
host rather than having to time out each time they are checked.

I guess a script which performs a 'df' on all systems would be possible, if
not extremely sluggish, and I didn't see anything from netstat.

Any suggestions?