Dual Universes

Joshua Osborne stripes at eng.umd.edu
Thu May 2 07:35:42 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr30.233337.6112 at kithrup.COM> sef at kithrup.COM (Sean Eric Fagan) writes:
[...]
>Better yet, let's start from scratch and do everything better.  Then write
>equivalent commands and compatible library functions.

Isn't this what Mach is all about?  (or at least Unix under Mach, and Unix
under V, and mabie even Amoeba (but I know less about it then V or Mach,
anyone have any good references on that, if you do mail 'em to me please))

>One person I've talked to had a 5MByte SysVr4 kernel.  Sick.

And I thought the 3M genvmunix for DECStations was sick...
--
           stripes at eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne at Real_World,The          Multitasking for MS-DOS"