Printing on Printers attached to terminals

doug pavey dpavey at cccbbs.UUCP
Tue May 21 05:06:37 AEST 1991

I have several terminals (over 900) that were used on a Texas Instr.
minicomputer with attached printers.  We support these terminals over
phonelines and soon, TCP-IP network link (I hope soon, anyway).

What do I need to do to setup these terminals using SCO UNIX so that
the unix spooler can communicate with these terminals.

Conncecting with these sites and printing on a printer attached to the
terminal connected over modem is extremely important.

Also, how to connect a printer to a terminal using telnet to connect
to another computer?

I am one of 6 analysts supporting this group of computers, soon to be a
dial-up wide area network located in over 40 states.

I am posting this here, since TCP-IP connections and terminal problems
have been discussed heavily over the past several weeks.

Dan's insights and others have been extremely helpful, dispite the flames.

Douglas A. Pavey
Programmer/Analyst
Syncor International
+1 513/984-2839 9-5 EDT
dpavey at cccbbs.UUCP

This is not an official document of Syncor International.
This work is the sole responsibility of the author and has not been