UUCP

Scott Scheingold scott at phlpa.UUCP
Thu Apr 11 01:14:29 AEST 1991

 I am very sorry if this message shows up more than once,
problems with my news poster.

	I have a question regarding prioritys. When I priority is
set for a user and this user executes a file that sets the user
id to the owner of a file. Who gets the priorty the user executing the file
or the owner of the file.

	An example of this would be as follows.

-rwsr-sr-x   2 news     news       90612 Apr 03 11:17 rnews

Now this program is started by uucp but it is set to use news UID but
when this program is run a ps -ef shows that uucp is running the
program. If a priority of say 30 was put on this so it would not
take as much cpu time who would get the setting. uucp or news.

I am running SCO UNIX SYS V/386 Rel. 3.2.2

Thanks for the help.

Scott Scheingold

UUCP ...!lgnp1!phlpa!scott
INTERNET scott at lgnp1!phlpa