Xenix 2.3.2 and TCP/IP

Jeremy Druker jsd at proxima.UUCP
Tue May 21 02:55:34 AEST 1991

Thus spake bevans at tanus.oz.au (Brian Evans Esq):

>I currently have xenix 2.3.2 installed with tcp configured for 1 SLIP line
>which is currently active.  I have just installed a wd8003e ethernet
>controller and on installing the driver and relinking the kernel
>I key 'netsatt -r' and the system tells me that there are 2 wdn0
>interfaces on the system.

Sounds like the Xenix TCP installation installed initialization commands
for the WD card without first removing any existing ones.

Check /etc/tcp for lines of the form "ifconfig wd0 <stuff>" - there
should only be one.  Delete any others.

Next, check /etc/strcf (the slink config file) for more than one cenet
line naming /dev/wd in the boot() routine.  There should be only one.

Then reboot - that should do it.  A relink and new kernel should not
be needed.

-J