thanx

Brian D. Stark stark at ucselx.sdsu.edu
Wed Nov 14 09:58:50 AEST 1990

A  couple of weeks ago I posted an article entitled floundering  describing  a
few of the dificutlies we were having as new users of xenix, the  explanations
and/or solutiions to the problems are as follows:

1.  The  computone  serial  ports uses a special null  modem  cable  the  wire
assignments are as follows: 2-3, 3-2, 4-5, 5-4, 7-7, 8-20, 20-8.

2.  Xenix  doesn't automatically cylcle through baud rates, you have  to  tell
your users to send a break at their terminal.  Does anyone know of a  possible
workaround for this?

3.  Xenix  does not recognize a DOS 4.* partition.  There is  no  work  around
available  for  this,   and  there  are no plans by  SCO  to  fix  this.   The
explanation  given  to us was that DOS 5.0 is about to be  released,  so  they
weren't going to worry about 4.

Hope this may help some other rookies out there, and thanks a million for  all
the great support we recieved.

Brian