Dialers

Ralf Holighaus ralfi at pemstgt.PEM-Stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 21 03:27:26 AEST 1990

jimr at vpnet.chi.il.us (Jim Rendant) writes:

>I am using XENIX 2.3.2. I haven't had any problems with my system until I
>had to get some help from US Robotics. I have been using the hayes2400
>dialer which was working for me. NOW it seems to be having a problem.
>When the modem hangs up it doesn't return me to the shell prompt, only after I issue a ~. command does it return to the shell even
>though the modem is
>offhock and waiting for the next command. What can I do to make it work??
>help me please
>thanks ....
>Jimr
>P.S. I am using a HST 9600 baud modem

To enable Xenix to recognize the lost carrier, you must use a device with
modem control lines, e.g. /dev/tty1A instead of /dev/tty1a.

Rgds

Ralf.
--
| Programmentwicklung   fuer    Microcomputer  |     Ralf U. Holighaus      |
| PO-Box 810165          Vaihinger Strasse 49  |     >> PEM Support <<      |