troff on non-laser printers

Ralf Holighaus ralfi at pemstgt.PEM-Stuttgart.de
Wed Nov 21 03:30:02 AEST 1990

stickler at rc.nokia.fi (Patrick Stickler RC 910) writes:

>output? Epson FX, IBM Proprinter (X-24E)...? Can the HP Deskjet
>emulate an HP Laserjet?

As far as I experienced, the HP DeskJet is almost fully compatible to
the LaserJet+, except it cannot print in landscape mode. (You can even
achive that by using either the DeskJet Plus or a special catridge for
the DeskJet). It uses full PCL3 printer language and therefore should
run with a troff adapted to the LaserJet+.

Rgds

Ralf.

--
| Programmentwicklung   fuer    Microcomputer  |     Ralf U. Holighaus      |
| PO-Box 810165          Vaihinger Strasse 49  |     >> PEM Support <<      |