Mouse driver?

Andrew A. Chernov ache at hq.demos.su
Sat Nov 24 07:00:31 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.095444.16798 at bbt.se> pgd at bbt.se writes:

>Does XENIX 386 2.2.1 have an event driver?
>Try "mkdev mouse". If it works, you have a mouse driver in the kernel,
>if it does not work, you have to hand-roll one.

There is a bug with Logitech Bus Mouse in ALL XENIX 286/386 ALL releases:

	*** kernel mouse driver can't find mouse ***

I know, how to fix it (for code hackers only):

You must replace in file

	busmouse.o

function is_busmouse:

	is_busmouse(port)
	{
		return (inb(port + 1) == 1);
	}

instead of strange ridiculous code made by SCO programmers,
then replace this module in /usr/sys/conf/libio.a and, if it exist,
in /usr/sys/conf/vpixio.a
--
In-Real-Life: Andrew A. Chernov   |  Domain: ache at hq.demos.su,
Zodiac-Sign:  Virgo               |          ache%hq.demos.su at relay.eu.net
	      Moscow, USSR        |  Fax:    +7 095 2335016