TCP/IP on XENIX 386 && 3c501

Russ Nelson nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Wed Nov 21 11:49:37 AEST 1990

Be sure to use the UNDOCUMENTED onepacket switch on ifconfig if you're
using a 3c501.  The symptoms of failing to do this are that bulk
transfers to systems running SunOS proceed exponentially slower.
The most I could ever transfer before onepacket'ing was 50K.

I cannot emphasize this strongly enough, so I won't bother.  Just
remember this if you ever put a 3c501 in a SCO Xenix box, and maybe
Unix as well...

--
--russ (nelson at clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson