badtrk,awk,df all hang a 386SX system.

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Nov 15 14:31:21 AEST 1990

In article <11203 at scorn.sco.COM> rogerk (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:

| You don't say what machine you are putting this on but I remember
| we put support for at least the Compaq SX machine into release
| 2.2.3. This may be applicable to all SX machines. Not a guarantee,
| just a dim remembrance.

  Okay, I have to ask... there was a big discussion of how to tell an SX
from a DX, and no one came up with anything which would work with all
combinations of cache, etc.

  Now if it's that hard to tell the diference, just what did SCO do to
"support" Compaq's SX, unless it's seriously non-AT style. I've run old
versions of Xenix/386 and even ancient version of x/286 on an SX, and
never had a problem, even with bizarre no-name clones.

  When I tested systems for the "cheap-ix" project, I found that
anything which looked like a clone to infoplus and fastback (the old
one) would run SCO Xenix or ODT. Of course to run ODT you need a
motherboard which holds a bushel and a peck of memory, but that's
another story. Xenix ran pretty happily in 2MB.

--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX