Anybody got a *real* TCP/IP for Xenix?

Russ Nelson nelson at image.soe.clarkson.edu
Fri Nov 9 03:45:47 AEST 1990

Hi.  Does anyone have a *real* TCP/IP for Xenix?  I'm tired of the
excuse-for-a-TCP/IP-suite that SCO provides.  It's been a constant hassle
ever since we installed it.  It used to crash the system all the time.
That's seemingly the domain name resolver's fault, because after disabling
it it doesn't crash anymore.

Now it loses streams buffers, which is a documented bug.  But just
because it's documented doesn't mean it ain't a bug.

We typically run at *least* 10 TCP/IP connections all the time, day in,
and day out.  And these people are connecting from all sorts of TCP/IP
implementations.  I'm sure that SCO would be able to fix it if they
were on the Internet, because we get screwed on a daily basis by it.

So, are there any alternatives to SCO's TCP/IP?  Hopefully from someone
on the Internet, who's tested it with *lots* of users.