Newest version of gcc et al available on unix.oakland.edu

Ron Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Wed Nov 7 15:44:57 AEST 1990

I just received the two diskette set of gcc, gas, and gdb from Ron and
Steve at RoboBar.  They are processed by custom in a manner similar to
the earlier one diskette set.  These diskettes are now available for
anonymous ftp on unix.oakland.edu in the directory /pub/xenix/gcc.
The instructions and patches for installing g++ are in /pub/xenix/g++.
I don't know if these are the latest.  Oh, /pub/xenix/gcc contains
three files, the two diskettes plus a readme file which explains how
to convert the two files into diskettes for custom.

I know there are some of you (I hope not a lot) who can't get these
diskettes except via snail mail.  I would consider cutting diskettes
and mailing them back to you if you mail me two diskettes for gcc.

I would prefer to mail these to groups who in turn will make them
available to others via anonymous UUCP or diskette cutting.

Some people who don't have the development system are frustrated in
their attempts to use gcc because they don't have /usr/include files.
Someone once told me he found files in the runtime diskettes of an
early version of Xenix.  Has anyone looked to see if these might be
on the runtime system diskettes but not loaded?  (I know, it sounds
too good to be true, but its worth a peek anyway.)  Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |