IDE controllers

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Fri Nov 23 15:07:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.093114.15468 at grian.cps.altadena.ca.us> alex at grian.cps.altadena.ca.us (Alex Pournelle) writes:

| You would do well to avoid XENIX and IDE drives.  I have a system with
| just this configuration--and it will lock up every 6 to 8 hours
| unpredictably with the hard-disk access light on.

  Do you have SLS xnx133 installed? While billed as a fix for the
WD1007, it also fixes lockup problems with a number of other controllers
(WD1006, for instance), and may be useful in your case. Since it's free
you have nothing to lose putting it in.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX