Excelan WorkPlace for Xenix 2.3.2 IBM PS/2 (MCA bus)

Nirad Sharma exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
Mon Nov 26 18:33:36 AEST 1990

As the title says, I'm looking for any information on the Excelan Workplace
TCP/IP combination for a PS/2 (MCA bus) under SCO Xenix 2.3.2. Note that this
			 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
is NOT an AT bus machine. I have just been informed that SCO Xenix /TCP on a
PS/2 is not supported - I need an AT bus or must wait for SCO UNIX's TCP, if
and when it comes.  Instead, I would like to investigate Excelan's product.

	1. Does it exist for a PS/2 (model 80) under SCO Xenix 2.3.2 / 386 ?
	2. Is it stable ?
	3. What is provided with it i.e. rshd, telnetd, etc ?
	4. Are drivers available for the card should I go to SCO UNIX later ?
	5. Performance ?
	6. Interfacing with FTP software's PC/TCP software on PCs ?
	7. Dev. sys ? BSD sockets ?
	8. Upgrade options eg NFS, X ?
	9. Personal opinions on the product. Is it good ?

Sorry about all the questions but I would really appreciate any information as
I would like to get this up and running soon. I'd don't like the thought of
having no TCP access !

Nirad Sharma  (exnirad at brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)
Continuing Education Unit
The University of Queensland