Shadow RAM for BIOS

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Sun Nov 4 05:32:41 AEST 1990

pgd at bbt.se writes:

>I don't think that is true. We have machines with four different
>versions of Micronics motherboards. (one old TTL 20MHz, one newer
>20Mhz, one TTL 25MHz, and some ASIC 25MHz) None of them reserve the
>shadow RAM specially. So I find it very unlikely that a later model,
>the 33MHz motherboard does that. They all have dip-switches to reserve
>memory, but Xenix is ignoring all that, and is using all memory.

	Don't know if this is universally the case. I'm running Xenix/386
on an NEC 386/20 (C/T chipset, Phoenix BIOS) which reserves 384k. Neither
Xenix nor ISC UNIX (which I also run on this box) access this memory, as
verified at boot time. Of course, if someone *does* know a way to access
this memory, please advise!