Screen blanker for SCO console?

Brian Chapman chapman at sco.COM
Mon Oct 22 18:34:07 AEST 1990

shevett at mccc.uucp (dave shevett) writes:

>I have an SCO Xenix 2.3.1 installation on a monochrome system, and the
>customer would like to have the console screen timeout (like his
>Wyse 150's do).  Is there some great mythical utility that can do
>do this (or does he just  have to switch to the worms multiscreen?)

There is no support for a driver level
screen saver in 2.3.  In 3.2 we added one
on the VGA.  I was told that the monochrome
monitor (some of them anyway) would start
smoking if you turned off the blanked the
screen for any length of time.  (Now that's
cost reduced)

--
Brian Chapman		uunet!sco!chapman
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!