badtrk,awk,df all hang a 386SX system.

David Fiedler david at infopro.UUCP
Sun Oct 14 14:34:19 AEST 1990

In article <11320001 at hpwin052.HP.COM>, graham at hpwin052.HP.COM (Graham McMahon) writes:
> I am trying to help a friend install version V2.2.1 onto a 386SX.
> This system is configured with 1 Meg. RAM & 40 Meg. disc.

I think 1 MB of RAM may be sub-optimal even for Xenix, but adding the
brain-damaged SX chip is even worse. Also, isn't this somewhat of an
ancient version? Add them all together, you got trouble. Also, you don't
got enough RAM to run anything more than ls without swapping. Get another meg!

>This same software is loadable on a 386 standard with 2 Meg. RAM & 40 Meg. disc

See what I mean? It's not the software per se.

--
David Fiedler {ames,mrspoc,pyramid,hoptoad}!infopro!david
USMail:InfoPro Systems, PO Box 220 Rescue CA 95672 Phone:916/677-5870 FAX:-5873