Vga on sco xenix 286

Brian Chapman chapman at sco.COM
Mon Oct 22 18:41:05 AEST 1990

mitchemt at silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Terry Mitchem) writes:

>	Does anyone know of a way to make xenix 286 (latest version) run with
>vga. When my friend boots his machine up, he gets graphics characters instead
>of text. Thanks, Terry

That's not the latest version.  2.2 was the one that had that problem.
The driver is trying to find the fonts in the video BIOS ROMs and it
gets it wrong.  In 2.3 I just gave up and the fonts live in kernel
data RAM.  Long ago the SCO support department had tools and instructions
on how to find the fonts in the BIOS ROMs and how to patch 2.2 so
that it would use the proper address.

Other wise you could upgrade to 2.3.  Get a 386 while your at it.	:-)
--
Brian Chapman		uunet!sco!chapman
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!