Upgrade Path SCO (XENIX -> UNIX)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Oct 29 13:18:31 AEST 1990

In article <11243 at scorn.sco.COM> richardt (Richard Trivett) writes:

| Just to clarify, there is an upgrade path available from SCO
| XENIX to SCO UNIX, both inside the US and internationally. Further,
| there is an upgrade from XENIX or UNIX to Open Desktop, and from
| any vendors UNIX to Open Desktop. The upgrade is available
| from any SCO Advanced Product Center, or from SCO if you have SoftTech
| or SoftCare

  Wonderful. When asked if I wanted to rened my softcare I asked if I
could transfer it to ODT. the answer was no. So I dropped it. Now I
can't get the upgrade to ODT from SCO.

  I really like a lot of SCO products, but I have never seen a company
do so many little things to iritate customers. We have people at work
who swear that if they can ever get what they need elsewhere they will
never buy anything else from SCO. This says a lot for the product and
the interface to users.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX