Any way around compiler limits??

Karen Woolley karen at netcom.UUCP
Sat Oct 13 04:47:47 AEST 1990

HELP!

I am writing an embedded SQL C program on XENIX 2.3.1. The embedded SQL
code is expanded into C code which has the text of an SQL command in
a char * field.  The problem is that the string that it puts in this field
is too big for the compiler ( >512 bytes). The compiler merrily truncates
this string which completely confuses SQL when I run the program. The manual
says to split the string into 2 strings. Well, that's not an option with this.

Are there any tricks to getting around this compiler limit?

Thanks!!

/*
/*  Karen Woolley              KT Systems
/*  Consultant                 7950 Shannon Ct.
/*  (415) 551 - 7458           Dublin, CA 94568
/*  uunet....!lll-winken!chumley!ktsys386!karen     OR  netcom!karen