Problems with guest login script

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Wed Oct 17 06:56:15 AEST 1990

>In article <83 at abode.UUCP> jtb at abode.wciu.edu (John P. Gibbons) writes:
>> [ about getting the shell to exit after executing stuff in .profile ]

	[ Can't access .edu sites, thus the following posting. ]

Perhaps I'm missing something in John's original inquiry. Why not simply
run a shell script AS the shell, that shell script containing those
assignments and operations that would have gone into the .profile.

For more than a year I've been running a dialup demo for "guest" logins,
the password entry for which reads something like:

	guest:*:204:99:guest login:/usr/demo:/usr/demo/guest.sh

Through proper use of traps, SHELL assignments and other tricks, I've
kept everyone out of an interactive shell.