X-Windows under Xenix

Kevin Weller n025fc at tamuts.tamu.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:12:24 AEST 1990

In article <Oct.4.18.22.48.1990.13028 at paul.rutgers.edu> chain at paul.rutgers.edu (Chain Lee) writes:

>  I have got ico, xclock, twm, etc. running. You need about 80 Meg disk
>  space, a mouse and a VGA. If you were able to compile and run MGR
>  window, there should be no hardware problem for running X. In the case
>  of software, you will probably want to write a BSD socket driver
>  ( as I did ), which will make porting much easier.
>
>  Chain Lee
>  ======================
>  chain at paul.rutgers.edu
>  chain at datacube.com

Thanks for the info!  So you are saying I need about 55 megs more free
disk space than I have right now (105 meg drive - about 80 megs
already allocated); I've got just about everything but that.  I can't
afford to go out and buy another high-capacity (from my point of view)
hard drive just so I'll have room for X AND the applications to run
under it, so it looks like I'll have to continue working with
character-based windowing for a while.  Besides, I don't even know
what a socket driver does in the BSD world!

Thanks again -- Kev