Hard disks with > 1024 Cylindars

John Boteler bote at csense.uucp
Fri Sep 7 15:21:38 AEST 1990

>From article <1535 at chinacat.Unicom.COM>, by chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal):
>
> Oh yeah, why are we talking about unix in comp.unix.xenix.sco anyway?

I was just gonna ask why we have comp.unix.xenix.sco when that's the
only Xenix anybody remembers nowadays.

I have been running an 1177 cylinder disk under Xenix for years now,
no problem, first with a DTC7287 controller, and now with a
WD1006VSR2.

I think the WD is not making my floppy interface happy: it locks
the system under Xenix when simultaneous floppy and hard disk
activity occurs while the system is set to full speed. :(

Udderwise, it works fine with > 1024 cylinders, despite SCO's
protestations to the contrary.

--
John Boteler   bote at csense.uucp           {uunet | ka3ovk}!media!csense!bote
SkinnyDipper's Hotline: 703-241-BARE | VOICE only, Touch-Tone(TM) signalling