XENIX TCP/IP ... HELP!!!

Ken Kleiner kleiner at bu-tyng.bu.edu
Fri Sep 14 03:20:43 AEST 1990

Hi,

	I have been trying to install SCO TCP/IP for
	Xenix and have run into some problems.  I was wondering if
	someone could help me out.

	We are running on a WYSE 386 (WY3225-01) with 16 MB of RAM,
	380 MB hard disk.  I have a 50MB root f.s., 30 MB swap and
	a /u to take up the rest.

	After TCP/IP install, the kernel is about 590K.

	Here's what happened:

	1.  Installed SCO Xenix 2.3.1
	2.  Installed SCO Streams

	3.  Installed SCO TCP/IP.  no problems at install time.

	4.  Rebooted (after kernel re-link).

	5.  When I hit CR to boot the default kernel (hd(40)xenix),
	    the system rebooted!  Meaning, it cleared the screen,
	    did the memory check, and executed /boot again.
	    Everytime I hit CR, it does this.

	    I de-installed TCP/IP, relinked the kernel leaving me with
	    just Streams.  And, everything booted fine.

	    I checked out what Streams install does to the kernel, and
	    it changes some Streams parameters.  TCP/IP ups them
	    even more.  could this be the problem?

	Have you ever experienced this?

	Thanks a bunch....

								-Ken

Ken Kleiner      <<<  {wang}{ulowell}{elrond}{decvax}!bu-tyng!kleiner  >>>
Boston University's Corporate Education Center (Computer Center)
72 Tyng Road, Tyngsboro, MA 01879       (508) 649-9731

GO RED SOX!!!!