SCO Ported Software Compendium (LONG)

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Fri Sep 28 11:50:53 AEST 1990

tkevans at oss670.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:

>Just to add another 2 cents worth:  the 'bash' package included in this
>compendium also does not compile.  The initial make reports back that it's
>making a <blank> version for a <blank> OS.  I thought this stuff had had
>changes made to it to make these things work out of the box?

The software which is available for UUCP has been compiled with the 2.3.2
devsys in conjunction with the GCC compiler, under SCO XENIX 2.3.3, on
'anomaly'. If you are having difficulty with a particular package, we can
make binaries available for you to UUCP. BASH, from my recollection,
compiled cleanly without any major modifications to the source code. Where
exactly are you experiencing difficulty?

Since most software has miscellaneous configuration options which users
must decide upon at compilation time, it is possible that setting a particular
option on or off may branch compilation of source code into a previously
uncompiled region, thus resulting in errors.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President     -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --
-- Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --