Xenix TCP/IP over terminal server?

Ken Kleiner kleiner at bu-tyng.bu.edu
Tue Sep 18 04:53:39 AEST 1990

Hi,

	Well, I finally got TCP/IP under Xenix running.

	NOW, I'm trying to get it on our local area network.
	I have it on our ethernet, and I can ftp to it and telnet
	to it, stuff like that.  BUT, I'm trying to put it on our
	network as a local node.  We have Bridge cs100 communications
	servers (terminal servers).  When we usually add a node to our
	network, we just go to the communications server, map the name
	to a internet address and just do a "connect machine" on the
	comm. server.

	But, whenever we try to connect to the Xenix machine, we get
	the info before the login prompt (System V/Xenix message), but
	our network disconnects that session before the login: appears.
	Strange.

	But, we CAN telnet to it from other machines, and everything is
	just hunky-dory.  We can even telnet to it from a Annex Terminal
	Server (from Encore Computer).

	It seems like the Bridge servers don't like to talk to it.

	My question:  HAS ANYONE EVER HOOKED UP A XENIX BOX RUNNING TCP/IP
		      TO A BRIDGE CS/100 NETWORK (successfully)?

	Thanks in advance...

							-Ken

Ken Kleiner      <<<  {wang}{ulowell}{elrond}{decvax}!bu-tyng!kleiner  >>>
Boston University's Corporate Education Center (Computer Center)
72 Tyng Road, Tyngsboro, MA 01879       (508) 649-9731

GO RED SOX!!!!