Xenix on a 386 box + 4 or more terminals

Sean R Owens sean at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Wed Sep 5 14:59:13 AEST 1990

Has anyone here had experience with hanging four or more terminals off a Xenix
box? (Preferably 36 20mhz or faster, also 386sx 16mhz).  How was the response
time for the users?  I'm interested in doing an I/O bound database system
for up to 4 or more users, but I'm worried about degradation of response time.
I'm also worried about compatibility, as I was hoping to develope on a Sun
SPARC station, and then port to Xenix.
     Is anyone aware of any peculiarities with Xenix that might cause problems
in porting code?

Sean Owens
sean at unix.cis.pitt.edu