UUCP Script Problems

CAT-TALK Maint. Account cat at tygra.UUCP
Thu Sep 13 09:28:30 AEST 1990

I'm using the following script to call one of my UUCP feeder
sites. The idea is that it should continue to retry the call
until the call completes successfully. (There is a problem with
noisy phone lines and the antiquated Merit Network which cause
calls to fail in midstream):

# !/bin/csh
#
/usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -Ssharkey
while ($status != 0)
   sleep 300
   /usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt
   /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -Ssharkey
end

The problem is, that this will go at most twice through the loop and
then will exit, regardless of wether uucico failed or succeeded on the
last try. I think the problem is that uucico returns different return
codes for different types of errors. Could someone send me a list of
return codes for uucico.

I'm running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 (HDB UUCP).  Thanks
jpp at ddmi.com