streams/pty clone device name?

Neil M. McQuaig nmm at mcquaig.UUCP
Tue Sep 18 15:39:26 AEST 1990

I've seen various references in streams literature and pseudo tty
literature to clone devices.  In System V it seems that the streams
clone device is supposed to be /dev/spx and the pty device /dev/ptmx.

I understand the BSD does not have these things and that one must
just try all of them until two free devices are found.  Is this the
case in Xenix.  Does SCO streams have such a clone device that does
not require us to open a particular minor device?  If so what is it
called?

Thanks.

--
Neil M. McQuaig      344 Millicent Way,  Shreveport, LA  71106
VOICE: (318)868-5611 UUCP: mcquaig!nmm (318)861-1051 or uunet!mcquaig!nmm