UNIX and EISA

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Sep 16 10:27:34 AEST 1990

In article <646 at fltk.UUCP> dnb at fltk.UUCP (David Buonomo) writes:
| I would like to run a 386 UNIX on an EISA platform.  Are my choices limited as
| to which UNIX I must use?  Does the bus simply not matter in this case?

  I have not had any problems running with the Vectra, Dell, or
homebrew. I have installed Xenix, ODT, ISC (old version, 2.0.2??), and
two versions of V.4 beta. One V.4 wouldn't install correctly on
anything, so that's not an issue, all other versions worked very well on
the EISA models.

  All were using WD compatible controllers, 1003, 1006, 1007 in various cases.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX