SC Spreadhseet Calculator on sysV/386

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Sep 25 23:04:25 AEST 1990

In article <3486 at ssc-bee.ssc-vax.UUCP> ian at ssc-vax.UUCP (Ian R. Searle) writes:
>Does anybody out there have sc running properly on sco unix or xenix
>sysV/386. I need a hand getting it to behave properly. I can
>sucessfully make sc and create an executable, but it constantly core
>dumps or dies due to xmallox/xfree errors. I cannot believe that
>anybody else would tolerate this behavior, and somebody must be
>using it on a 386, anybody???

If you are having problems with malloc/free, you might want to try my
malloc debugging library that was posted to comp.sources.unix back in
may/june.  It will go a long way to help solve malloc related problems.

BTW- I have an older version of sc (I thing from late last year) compiled
and working without any problems on our system (386/ix).  I haven't gotten
around to compiling/testing sc 6.8 yet.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170