Faking a Control Q from a device

Raymond Willis willis at xroads.UUCP
Fri Sep 7 22:47:46 AEST 1990

We have a plotter that I have configured as if it was a printer.  Frequently
the plotter will send a Control S to the computer and for some reason,
never send a Control Q.  When this happens, my only solution has been to
halt and restart the compuer, or hook a CRT in place of the plotter and
hit control Q on the CRT.  Neither solution is acceptable.  Is there a
way to make the system think the plotter has sent a Control Q?
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200|2400 Baud 24 hrs/day