Which Ethernet Card To Use?

Brad Templeton brad at looking.on.ca
Thu Sep 27 05:29:39 AEST 1990

In article <12781 at asylum.SF.CA.US> romkey at asylum.SF.CA.US (John Romkey) writes:
>In article <3363 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>>So, I'm in the market for an Ethernet card. Which ones work extremely well
>>with SCO TCP/IP? Which has the best features? Which one do you recommend?
>
>Try the Western Digital WD8003E ethernet card. It's cheap and performs
>very well.

How does the performance of the 8 bit version compare with the 16 bit
version (WD8013, I believe?) of this card?  How much more system load does
the 8 bit card generate.  (I am surprised at the number of 8 bit ethernet
cards out there, considering the fact that I would think very few of them
are destined for 8088 based systems)

What are the WD Etherlink cards?  A completely different generation of
card?