SCO XENIX 2.2.3 on AT with TVGA display adapter, help request ...

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Wed Jan 16 09:49:57 AEST 1991

In article <1723 at hslrswi.hasler.ascom.ch> francis at hslrswi.hasler.ascom.ch (Francis Demierre) writes:
}
[woes attempting to install a VGA card under SCO XENIX 2.2.3 deleted]
}
}----------------------------------------------------------------------
}Francis Demierre       UUCP: ...!mcsun!chx400!hslrswi!francis
}                       Internet: francis at hasler.ascom.ch
}----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this because a similar question came up about a week ago.

Very simply:  You can't use a VGA card with any 2.2 SCO XENIX release
designed for AT machines.  We added VGA support to the 2.3 release of
XENIX.  2.2.3 has been reported to work with a few VGA cards if they
are set in EGA mode:  there used to be a SLS (xnx086) to add support
for the IBM VGA card and compatibles, but it's been discontinued.

I tell you three times:  If you want to use a VGA card with SCO XENIX,
get the 2.3 release.  Discounted upgrades from 2.2 to 2.3 are
available:  contact your provider for details.

I hope this helps remove some of the confusion.

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz at sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.