I want to get on SCO mailing list

Ed Hew edhew at xenitec.on.ca
Sun Jan 6 17:23:21 AEST 1991

In article <3058 at polari.UUCP> ian at polari.UUCP (ian searle) writes:
>The Subject says it all, please send me the address and command so that
>I may get on the list, Thanks in advance, ian (uw-beaver!sumax!polari!ian).

As this question comes up periodically, and since the answers
haven't appeared here for months (I only posted the availability
of sco.opendesktop once, at it's inception back in the spring),
I suppose a repost with additional info is in order.  Note that
a periodic posting entitled "Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists"
appears in news.lists and news.announce.newusers.

There are to my knowledge currently two separate mailing lists
available for general subscription.  Should anyone feel that there
is a need for additional mailing lists, please email and we'll see
what can be done given a demand.  (edhew at xenitec.on.ca)

SCO-list
    Contact: sco-list-request at uunet.uu.net  (Dave Armbrust)

    Purpose: This group will be beneficial to any one interested or
    currently using Santa Cruz Operation products.  This mailing list
    is a single area that discussions and information can be exchanged
    regarding ALL SCO products.  This mailing is independent of any
    existing news groups.

scoodt
    Contact:  scoodt-request at xenitec.on.ca  (Ed Hew)

    Purpose: The SCO Open Desktop electronic mailing list is intended
    to provide a communications vehicle for interested parties to
    provide, request, submit, and exchange information regarding the
    configuration, implementation, and use of the SCO Open Desktop
    operating system as available from The Santa Cruz Operation.

    All submissions will be posted as received with appropriate author
    attribution.  Questions are welcome.  Someone may even answer them.

    The "scoodt" mlist is bi-directionally gatewayed to sco.opendesktop
    which is also available as a limited distribution newsgroup.

I will (re)post the "scoodt" mailing list information separately.
Dave might do the same for "sco-list".

Hope this helps.
--
  Ed. A. Hew  <edhew at xenitec.on.ca>,  XeniTec Consulting Services
  or if you're really stuck:  ..!{watmath|lsuc}!xenitec!eah