Help - Compiling ecu3

G. Simon Gales simon at ms.uky.edu
Mon Jan 28 23:13:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan27.194020.9849 at hq.demos.su> ache at hq.demos.su (Andrew A. Chernov) writes:
>I win it!  Some functions from standard C library needs cfree. This
>function lives in the same module with calloc.  This cause an error
>with calloc in -lmalloc.  I wrote dumb module named cfree.c:
>
>void cfree(s)
>char *s;
>{
>	free(s);
>}
>
>and add cfree.o to the module list in Make.ecu.

I did it the hard way, and extracted 'calloc.o' from Llibc.a and hacked
calloc into xalloc, then re-built Llibc.a.  This seems to get around the
problem, although you have to swap the old library back in to compile the
zmodem programs.

This seems to be a problem with SCO's dev kit, but I cannot find a fix
for it from SCO.  I have Xenix 286 2.2.3, is the problem there in 2.3.2?

Well, now I've got ecu compiled and installed, but when run, I get the
1-line copyright message then a segmentation violation.  Sigh...

--
                    Simon Gales at The University of Kentucky
      simon at ms.uky.edu    simon at UKMA.BITNET    {rutgers, uunet}!ukma!simon