alternate mailers for SCO SysV?

Oliver Boehmer oli at odbffm.incom.de
Sun Jan 13 23:56:54 AEST 1991

To all uucp-administrators using SCO's mmdf-mailer or using a different
mailer with SCO SysV

I've just finished installing uucp on my computer (AT386 w/ SCO SystemV
3.2) and I've already had a hard time doing so (especially all this mmdf
stuff). I'd like to know if some of you folks out there are using SCO for
uucp and I'd appreciate it if you could give me some advice. The biggest
problems I have is the mailer, I don't know enough about it and it seems
that there aren't many administrators how use this SCO-Mailer mmdf.

I'd also like to know if there's another mailer around that has been proven
to run under the above installation, I'd be glad to hear about it and to
install it on my system.
In any case, I'd like to know more about the SCO-files /usr/mmdf/tabel/*
and /usr/mmdf/mmdftailor, how to adapt these to the specific needs of uucp
addressing (smart-host, various domains, local domains... etc.) and how to
use them efficiently.

I hope I'll hear something from you. Thanks in advance,

	Oli Boehmer, Frankfurt, West (oops, now it's only) Germany
					(old habits die hard...)

Oliver Boehmer  			uucp:   oli at odbffm.incom.de
Frankfurt, Germany	     			oli at rniwd.UUCP
+49-69-331461 (voice)	            Zerberus:   O.BOEHMER at LINK-F.ZER