problem with cu on SCO Unix V

Brian Evans Esq bevans at tanus.oz.au
Sun Jan 6 15:16:02 AEST 1991

hb at vpnet.chi.il.us (hank barta) writes:

>> hi,
>> after upgrading my system to the latest release of SCO Unix,
>> the cu command behaves rather strange: no problem to get
>> connected to another site, but if I close the line with Ctrl-d,
>> endless garbage scrolls up the screen --- until I press DEL.
>> The modem is left with the carrier-detect-light on, although
>> the line is actually closed.
>
>I have noticed the same problem. (Mine is an internal modem, so
>I cannot verify the carrier detect light.) Any keystroke causes
>the 'endless garbage' to quit.
>
>hank

I have also noticed the same problem with an external modem (hayes2400 type)
however my carrier detect light does not remain on but the DTR light does when
the tty is not enabled after the call.

 _--_|\        Brian Evans      Internet: bevans at tanus.oz.au
/      \       P.O Box 232    Compu$erve: 72500,1355 | Fax: +61 3 412-1551
\_.--._/       Avondale Heights, 3034            VoiceMail: +61 3 506-1629
      v        Victoria, Australia