Problems with troff output on a laser printer

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 07:20:23 AEST 1991

In article <2984 at hsi86.hsi.com> rao at hsi86.hsi.com (Ananth Rao) writes:

| Has anyone got 'troff' to work with a laser printer, specifically the
| HP Laserjet III?

| Is there something I'm doing wrong?

  An LJ3 is not a c/a/t. What you need is software to convert the output
in the format required for the cat device to output for the LJ3 device.
They are totally different, the c/a/t is a 2000 dpi (from memory) output
device to film. The LJ3 is very nice for a low resolution printer, but
it doesn't take the c/a/t commands (or produce production quality
output).

  I think jetroff does this, I know you can use the ELAN Eroff package
and get great results doing this.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX