Simulating vfork under SCO Xenix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Jan 26 13:17:46 AEST 1991

In article <345 at lccinc.UUCP> bent at lccinc.UUCP (Ben Taylor) writes:
>I am currently working on getting tcl working under Xenix, and have solved
>some initial problems.  However, not having much berkeley background,
>I am unfamiliar with vfork.  I know what its supposed to do, but I'm
>not sure how to make Xenix simulate it.  Anyone have suggestions?

You can usually just #define vfork fork.  HOWEVER, if they were tricky
about changing variables following the vfork, this may not work.  If all
they do is exec a different program the #def will be fine.

If they did modify viriables following the vfork, you are out of luck (it
can't be emulated cleanly under Xenix).
--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170