whoami?

Michael P. Deignan mpd at anomaly.sbs.com
Wed Jan 2 08:48:09 AEST 1991

From: article <6537 at crash.cts.com> :
>What I want is something similiar to the BSD/SunOS whoami.  For example, in a
>.cshrc file, I want to be able to do this:
>
>if (`whoami` == "root") then
> set prompt = "#"
>else
> set prompt = "%"
>endif

UUCP: anomaly!~/bsd/whoami.tar.Z <yourfile>

This is the whoami program from the BSD sources slightly modified to work
under XENIX. It will compile into "whoamireally", which you can use in your
script.

Consult the SCO Ported Software Compendium for appropiate anonymous UUCP
information.

MD

--
--  Michael P. Deignan                      / Sex is hereditary. If your
--  Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com            /  parents never had it, chances