Increase Xenix Swap Space?

mike at bria mike at bria
Fri Jan 11 08:55:45 AEST 1991

In article <355 at optigfx.optigfx.com> optigfx.optigfx.com!souza (Steven Souza) writes:
:Is there any way to allocate a swap partition larger than the range
:displayed by "divvy" during the Xenix (2.3.1) installation process?
:Any attempt to enter a number outside this range causes an error
:message and re-prompt for a valid size.
:
:This sounds like a wizard type fix--the install manual describes a
:formula used by divvy to determine the allowable arrange based on
:the disk size.  Ugh!!
:
:Appreciate any clues!

The divvy table can be changed to whatever starting and ending blocks
that you want, using the "s" and "e" commands.  We often use this to trim
the 'oft bloated root filesystem and give those blocks to /u.  Just
make sure that you don't leave gaps or overlap blocks.

--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike