SCO Bnews, C News, and ihave/sendme woes

Ben Taylor bent at lccinc.UUCP
Wed Jan 16 14:01:36 AEST 1991

Thanks to all the people who sent mail regarding my last post, I got the
B News to post an ihave message to my machine running C News, however
it wont talk back with a sendme message.

However, the machine running C News gets the ihave message and appears to
just drop it on the floor.  I get mail "rnews completed successfully"
and nothing happens.  No sendme message, no nothing.

Is there some problem with SCO B News that I'm missing here?  I've built
the C News using the patches/suggestions posted on comp.unix.xenix.sco
and have the cnews speedups installed.  I can post news to the machine
running C News, I've even been able to forward news to the machine running
C News so the connection has the appearance of being functional?

Any one have any ideas?  I'm wide open to suggestions.

Tahnks in Advanse

Ben Taylor
Systems Administrator
LCC Incorporated