Slow uucico and Assert errors

Marcel Mongeon Admin marcelm at joymrmn.uucp
Thu Jan 17 08:47:05 AEST 1991

Operating system is SCO Xenix 2.3.3.  Serial Board is an Anvil Stallion.
Modem is a Telebit Trailblazer Plus.

I can't esatblish a uucp connection over a setting of 9600 Baud in the
Systems file.  When I use 19200, I'll get some transfers but then packets
get lost and uucico bombs out.

The message from uucico using "-x9" when I get the bomb out after 5 alarm
messages indicates :

	ASSERT ERROR (uucico) pid: 1234 ( 1/16-16:39:45 ) PKXSTART ret (0)
		[FILE: pk1.c, LINE: 345]

A little investigation has shown that my problem seems to be that my
uucico program is not using the RTS and CTS signals that it is getting
from the modem.  When uucico is operating, running stty -a on the modem
port shows " -rtsflow " and " -ctsflow " among all of the settings.  I
know that they should be " rtsflow" and " ctsflow".

Anyone have any ideas how I make sure uucico sets the serial port
properly.  Should I be monkeying around with something in uucico
using adb?  Up to now, I haven't touched it but am using the uucico
and dialTBIT that came out of the SCO box.