BNEWS messages

Fred Walter grwalter at watfun.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 10 06:37:47 AEST 1991

I tried mailing my response, but it bounced.

timd at binary.UUCP (Tim Daniels @ Binary Systems) writes:
>It seems that after I recieve my news from my feed, that RNEWS sends back
>acknowledgemnets for each article. Needless to say this really annoys my feed,
>cause they get about 1024 messages a night. I have looked through the software
>and DOC and can't find where it says anything about this.

In their (not yours) sysfile (probably /usr/lib/news/sys) they have line stating
your machine name and what groups they feed you and the command that does the
feeding. The command probably looks like

	uux - -z -r your_feed!rnews

The -z option tells uux to notify them of a successful transfer.
Tell them to remove it and they'll stop getting those acknowledgements.

	fred