can sco 386 xenix run 386 unix (interactive's) executables ?

Kevin Langston langston at convex.COM
Thu Jan 17 06:21:40 AEST 1991

In article <1039 at gtenmc.UUCP> kumar at gtenmc.UUCP (S.Kumar) writes:
>	I have a question about SCO 386 XENIX (latest version).
>	Can it run 386 Unix executables (Interactive's for eg) without
>	modification ?.
>	i.e. whether it is binary compatible ?

   I have 386 Xenix 2.3.1 running tcsh which was compiled under Interactive
   Unix 2.0.2 and everything works except for a strange wildcard expansion
   in filenames. This is no guarantee that anything else would work, but
   I think tcsh would cover a lot of the territory in question.

--  Kevin Langston      langston at convex.com
--         This is not the 386---^^^^^^
--                      langston at frontier.lonestar.org
--         This one is the 386---^^^^^^^^