Xenix with 80486 machine.

uunet!bria!mike uunet!bria!mike
Wed Jan 16 17:29:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan14.224427.27778 at jato.jpl.nasa.gov> khioe at mona.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Kent Hioe) writes:
:Hi, Does any body know if Xenix can run on 80486 machine ?
:Does it need a special version of Xenix ? Will the Xenix-386 OS work on
:80486 machine ? Has any body tried this ?
:I would appreciate if any one has this experiance gives some comments ?

We have a few customers running 386 XENIX 2.3.2 on a 486 (16M of memory,
1.2G of disk, Exabyte DAT, etc.) and the machine works swimmingly.
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike